Tips for Safety
IBERDROLA HELPS YOU KEEP YOUR ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION SAFE
Here are some recommendations and tips to help you enjoy your electrical installation safely:
- Do not leave electrical appliances within children's reach;
- All power sockets should have protective covers whenever they are not in use;
- Avoid leaving electrical appliances, loose cables, plugs, etc. within reach in your home.
- Take special care with radiators.
Bathroom and kitchen
- Take special precautions in bathrooms and kitchens; they carry a greater risk as there is often steam or water vapour.
- Do not use electrical appliances near the shower or the bath.
- Never use electrical appliances with wet hands.
- Never use electrical appliances when in bare feet.
- Do not use metal objects to remove toast from a toaster.
- Switch off electrical appliances before you leave your home.
- Before cleaning a home appliance, unplug it.
- Never put metal objects into an appliance that is in use.