What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that a website stores on a user's computer or mobile device through the browser when he or she visits that website. They are used to store, retrieve or update data. They allow the person responsible for the site to get to know the preferences of users when they browse the site and to personalise the services offered based on these preferences.
At www.iberdrola.pt, we use our own cookies and those of third parties to help us analyse the way that our website is used, to ensure that it is working correctly, and to improve our services.
The third-party cookies used by IBERDROLA to browse, measure and analyse web browsing are the property of Webtrends, Google Analytics and Investis.
Only IBERDROLA has access to the data collected by Webtrends. This data is not given to third parties. Google Analytics and Investis have access to the data collected by their tools.
Types of Cookies
Depending on their purpose, cookies can be:
- Technical cookies: These are necessary for browsing. Without them, the page would not work properly ('user-access' cookies for online shopping baskets, media player sessions etc.).
- Personalisation or settings cookies: These allow the page to recognise the user's language, the font size, etc.
- Security cookies: These block or hinder attacks against the website or its users.
- Analytical cookies: These allow user activity to be measured and browsing statistics to be created.
- Cookies used for advertising, including behavioural advertising: These make it possible to manage the frequency and content of ads and to store information on users so that they can be shown personalised advertisements in accordance with their interests and preferences.
Controlling cookie use
If you would like to deactivate the cookies found on your computer or mobile device, you can do so by checking your browser's help menu, where you will find information on deactivating cookies. For more information, please check the following links:
The cookies that we use
JSESSIONID: Cookie that identifies the user's session. It has a duration of 3000 ms.
LanguageSiteIberdrolaCookie: The function of this cookie is to show the contents of the website with the latest changes. The possible values are 'pt' and 'en'.
Lei Anticookies: in accordance with Act 41/2004 dated 18 August, amended by Act 46/2012 dated 20 August: These are generated for all users who accept IBERDROLA's cookies policy. They have a duration of one year.
NS_02sicb: It helps to increase server´s capacity in the web. Once logged out, the cookies disappear.
mygallerypersist: It is a Technical cookie to optimize the operating of the images in the web. The cookie assigns a value to the viewed images. Once logged out, the cookies disappear.
Third Party cookies
WEBTRENDS_ID: Stores the IP address. It has a duration of ten years.
WT_FPC_IB: Stores the IP address in connection with values used to track the user's behaviour, such as the time of his/her visit to the webpage and the date of his/her last visit. It has a duration of three years.
Translation into English
All information and documentation available in the English version is supplied for information purposes only. In the event of a discrepancy between the contents of the English version and those of the Portuguese version, the latter will take precedence.